For the Preview release, we'd like to:
- Open MongoDB support up to everyone
- Offer a stable experience for the core features we support
In Preview, you'll be able to use the full query capabilities of the Prisma Client. See our API Reference for the details.
- Build Confidence in our MongoDB implementation: Our initial implementation didn't have many tests. ****We started porting much of our existing SQL test suite to also test MongoDB.
- Transaction Support: This is important internally to guarantee that Prisma API features like nested writes work as expected with MongoDB. We were waiting on the MongoDB team for driver support. They recently shipped a beta last week, so we're working on integrating that.
Out of Scope for Preview
- Embedded Document Support
- Introspection Support
- Migration Support